Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Practice
02-26-2019, 01:51 PM,
Spring Practice
Starts Monday. Spring game March 23 at noon.

I'm interested in the QB battle. If Brookshire doesn't beat out Agnew, will he redshirt (if he hasn't used it yet)? What will the QB pecking order be?

Who will be Juwan's backup? Jasmin? Bell? Williams? Byrd? I think we'll use more than two RBs, like we did last year. I think they will use Byrd like a young Pumphrey was used.

Who with eligibility doesn't return?
02-26-2019, 09:49 PM,
RE: Spring Practice
That is what I am interested in as well.  And is the QB starting spot really open?  I wonder about that too.
02-27-2019, 04:12 PM,
(02-26-2019, 09:49 PM)WillyPB Wrote: That is what I am interested in as well.  And is the QB starting spot really open?  I wonder about that too.

Rocky is old school. If you're the best player at a position you will start. No way he refuses to change QB's and risks another disappointing season. That said, Agnew knows the offense and will certainly have a leg up on everyone else. 

I'm more interested in the OL. Is Capra going to play LT? Does Jimenez start at center? If so, then where will Gudino play? Is Dixon out of the doghouse? Lots of questions across the line.

l tackle? Does Jimenez start at center?
02-27-2019, 05:45 PM,
(02-27-2019, 04:12 PM)ron Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 09:49 PM)WillyPB Wrote: That is what I am interested in as well.  And is the QB starting spot really open?  I wonder about that too.

Rocky is old school. If you're the best player at a position you will start. No way he refuses to change QB's and risks another disappointing season. That said, Agnew knows the offense and will certainly have a leg up on everyone else. 

I'm more interested in the OL. Is Capra going to play LT? Does Jimenez start at center? If so, then where will Gudino play? Is Dixon out of the doghouse? Lots of questions across the line.

Dixon is on the spring roster: https://goaztecs.com/roster.aspx?path=football If Gudino is not the center, I would expect him to be one of the guards.
03-06-2019, 10:46 AM,
Has anyone had a chance to get to a practice? Report?
03-06-2019, 06:48 PM,
(03-06-2019, 10:46 AM)Azteken Wrote: Has anyone had a chance to get to a practice? Report?

Yes I went back in 1998.

It wasnt too fun, Schnall made us sit on the street.

JAM