Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleeper Football Players for 2015
04-13-2015, 07:41 PM,
RE: Sleeper Football Players for 2015
(04-13-2015, 07:36 PM)AztecSU Wrote:
(04-13-2015, 06:18 PM)k5james Wrote: P

(04-13-2015, 04:55 PM)stephen1946 Wrote: Yes Mathis is an up and comer, so many good dbs. Wells looks good as well. What I do not expect is that many true freshman playing. Last year we needed them on special teams, but we have a lot of depth at linebacker and safety. What do you guys think?

Tezino might start from day one.  He'll probably be the best coverage LB on the roster the minute he sets foot on campus.

If Holmes makes it in I suspect he'll get some PT too.

Is Holmes situation less dire then originally thought?

That's the rumor but who knows...
04-14-2015, 11:16 AM,
Break out players...

- I am going to go with Micah Seau becoming a solid rotation player on the DL.
- Micah Holder at WR. The QB's always looked in his direction that tells me a lot.
- The starting QB is going to be really good...all conference honorable mention.
- Christian Heyward is going to have a "put me on the NFL radar"
04-14-2015, 12:15 PM,
I think our whole defense is going to have a WOW type year.

Another guy I'd say to watch out for, I don't think he's really a sleeper though, is Randy Ricks.

I think he could be a double digit sack guy this year.
04-14-2015, 01:27 PM,
(04-14-2015, 12:15 PM)k5james Wrote: I think our whole defense is going to have a WOW type year.

Another guy I'd say to watch out for, I don't think he's really a sleeper though, is Randy Ricks.

I think he could be a double digit sack guy this year.

Would be huge for us on multiple fronts (game result & future recruiting)...I sure hope so
04-14-2015, 03:22 PM,
8.5 sacks last year in JUCO ball and he deserves credit for going out to Arizona and obtaining his AA degree.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...cks-157027

I think we're going to absolutely dominate a few MWC offenses this year.
04-14-2015, 04:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2015, 04:36 PM by k5james.)
Just take some time and watch his videos...

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2716599/randy-ricks

He's comfortable standing up or with his hand on the ground. Good first step, insane closing speed yet still pretty stout against the run.

We knew he was a freak of nature coming out of HS but the staff at AWC did a really nice job polishing some of that rawness off the last two years.

I think he's going to be an instant impact guy.
04-14-2015, 05:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2015, 05:09 PM by AztecSU.)
I watched...you guys are right. Great hands and feet, but that burst tho...

He looks like he's 20lbs from being a game breaker. Love that he can make a tackle when engaged too, looks to have pretty good vision for a down lineman. Honestly after watching that and then looking at the role our DE's and OLBs play in the D kinda hard not to be excited about this kid. Glad I watched.
04-15-2015, 12:33 PM,
Eric Judge should have the season I expected him to have last year.

Derek Babiash was a beast at Poway, would love to what he can do in the 3-3-5.

Not a sleeper, but I hope Jake Fely can stay healthy in his final season.
04-16-2015, 04:53 PM,
(04-14-2015, 05:09 PM)AztecSU Wrote: I watched...you guys are right. Great hands and feet, but that burst tho...

He looks like he's 20lbs from being a game breaker. Love that he can make a tackle when engaged too, looks to have pretty good vision for a down lineman. Honestly after watching that and then looking at the role our DE's and OLBs play in the D kinda hard not to be excited about this kid. Glad I watched.

Concur.. Adam needs to put some weight on him. Great closing speed.
04-16-2015, 05:03 PM,
(04-10-2015, 01:42 PM)k5james Wrote: Great topic.  I agree on all of your suggestions.  Richardson and Henderson especially.  I think Vaughn is going to be held back a little bit by Whittaker staying.  Hopefully Rocky goes back to the hockey line shifts on defense this year.

My sleepers are...

Sergio Phillips:  I think he wins the center job.  He just plays so nasty and physical.  He would really set the tone for our OL.

Daryl Dunlap:  He's just a beast.  Great size and runs well.  I think he has a really good shot at landing one of the open LB spots.  He was a SEC level talent as a LB but he wanted to play RB.

You guys have hit on most all of the eye-openers from spring ball. The D is going to be the best and deepest EVER, and without a spectacular individual, with exception of Calvin Munson. This year, we lose someone, the backup is virtually as good.
I love the athleticism of Sergio Phillips, but I have feeling that C job is going to UAB transfer Ryan Krum (335 lbs?) But, I am worried about the OL with unproven parts. Can Kwayde Miller really replace Terry Poole at LT? Coach Mike says  he can.  So important he can.