Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleeper Football Players for 2015
04-10-2015, 01:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-10-2015, 01:13 PM by SleepingGiantsFan.)
Sleeper Football Players for 2015
Chase Favreau: From film Ruben has posted on ASR and comments he’s made, I think this guy is going to be the next Dylan Denso. Never a HR hitter maybe but a good athlete with the nads to go over the middle and take a hit. I’m thinking 30 catches for 350 yards and a few TDs this year.

Darryl Richardson: Has huge potential. Just throw him the damn ball!

Billy Vaughn: I was almost hoping he would go elsewhere when his father seemed to be shopping him all over college football after he verbaled to us and I wondered whether the kid would come in with a big ego and get disgruntled because he wasn’t playing a lot early. However, he got better and better as the 2014 season progressed and although he might be a bit in the shadow of Kazee, Whittaker and Lomax, if he keeps working hard, he’s going to be a stud.

Jay Henderson and Julian Rochelin: I lump them together because they were the first and last kids to commit for the 2014 class and almost nobody else showed an interest in either one of them. But at least looking at film, however raw they may be, both are very athletic and after redshirting last year, appear to have put on enough weight they could start contributing a bit this year and make the two-deep in 2016.

Your suggestions?
04-10-2015, 01:42 PM,
RE: Sleeper Football Players for 2015
Great topic. I agree on all of your suggestions. Richardson and Henderson especially. I think Vaughn is going to be held back a little bit by Whittaker staying. Hopefully Rocky goes back to the hockey line shifts on defense this year.

My sleepers are...

Sergio Phillips: I think he wins the center job. He just plays so nasty and physical. He would really set the tone for our OL.

Daryl Dunlap: He's just a beast. Great size and runs well. I think he has a really good shot at landing one of the open LB spots. He was a SEC level talent as a LB but he wanted to play RB.
04-13-2015, 09:25 AM,
The three D's Dunlap,Dunn, and Davis at linebacker. I also think Chase Favreau will be a solid player this year they have to get the ball to Richardson and Penny as well. I suspect DJ will have fewer carries, but more touches, returning Punts, in passing situations. I think Seau will really come on now that he is at DE.
04-13-2015, 11:17 AM,
I still think Mathis can be really good. He just needs to get on the field.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04-13-2015, 12:43 PM,
Brunskill. Already know he can block. If we use our TE at all this season, he has the potential to do some damage receiving as well.
04-13-2015, 04:09 PM,
Brunskill is a good call. I have to admit my skepticism when it was announced he was moving to TE but the guy has good hands.
04-13-2015, 04:55 PM,
Yes Mathis is an up and comer, so many good dbs. Wells looks good as well. What I do not expect is that many true freshman playing. Last year we needed them on special teams, but we have a lot of depth at linebacker and safety. What do you guys think?
04-13-2015, 05:56 PM,
(04-13-2015, 04:55 PM)stephen1946 Wrote: Yes Mathis is an up and comer, so many good dbs. Wells looks good as well. What I do not expect is that many true freshman playing. Last year we needed them on special teams, but we have a lot of depth at linebacker and safety. What do you guys think?
Waiting to see if the frosh Samoan guard(Tui?) is the real deal given our lack of depth at guard and center. I have high hopes from Travillion and Melifonwu, both are freak athletes, but have been inconsistent playing their assignments and I've heard what sounds like mixed reviews from the staff. I think one or both could have big years, Melifonwu in particular.
04-13-2015, 06:18 PM,
(04-13-2015, 04:55 PM)stephen1946 Wrote: Yes Mathis is an up and comer, so many good dbs. Wells looks good as well. What I do not expect is that many true freshman playing. Last year we needed them on special teams, but we have a lot of depth at linebacker and safety. What do you guys think?

Tezino might start from day one.  He'll probably be the best coverage LB on the roster the minute he sets foot on campus.

If Holmes makes it in I suspect he'll get some PT too.
04-13-2015, 07:36 PM,
(04-13-2015, 06:18 PM)k5james Wrote: P

Tezino might start from day one.  He'll probably be the best coverage LB on the roster the minute he sets foot on campus.

If Holmes makes it in I suspect he'll get some PT too.

Is Holmes situation less dire then originally thought?