Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good old Rocky
09-08-2016, 11:22 AM,
Good old Rocky
He's been saying repeatedly that last year doesn't mean anything that this year is a new team. Then when we play Cal he says well the teams are exactly the same teams as they were last year so they should win 35 to 7. Remember last year when he talked about South Alabama having equivalent athletes to us. That was a prelude to disaster. I don't know what will happen Saturday Weller real Aztecs second block and run show up for the first game fiasco dudes. It certainly seems to be that Cal it's got his eyes pointed straight towards Texas and if there was ever a time to catch him napping now is the time.
09-08-2016, 01:10 PM,
RE: Good old Rocky
(09-08-2016, 11:22 AM)stephen1946 Wrote: He's been saying repeatedly that last year doesn't mean anything that this year is a new team. Then when we play Cal he says well the teams are exactly the same teams as they were last year so they should win 35 to 7. Remember last year when he talked about South Alabama having equivalent athletes to us. That was a prelude to disaster. I don't know what will happen Saturday Weller real Aztecs second block and run show up for the first game fiasco dudes. It certainly seems to be that Cal it's got his eyes pointed straight towards Texas and if there was ever a time to catch him napping now is the time.

Some say he tells it like it is and they think highly of him for it.  However the way I see it, he'll never stick his neck out. What he says puts him in a can't lose situation.  If we win, he's a sly fox.  If we lose, he told the truth.  He's a student of that buffoon, Lou Holtz.
09-08-2016, 02:39 PM,
As Long as Rocky wins Saturday, he's OK by me.
09-08-2016, 02:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2016, 03:38 PM by AztecSU.)
You guys are conflating his comment about how the betting line works vs. expectations. As a former athlete I can tell you the reason he says last years game has no effect on this years game is to send a message to his players that last years 35-7 loss doesn't mean we should again lose this year. But in response to how we are favored by a TD he comments that the teams are basically similar to last year and Cal was a 13 point favorite and ended up winning by 28...so he reasoned the line should be Cal +28....

That being said he made it clear when he said if we execute it should be a good game and hinting at exciting shoot outs like last week...no coach is going to say we should win this game, right before a game, even if they play FCS.

IMHO, the best part about your responses is that when I watched his press conference it made me think that he has been mentally breaking down our west coast neuroticism...and trying to re focus us on what it takes to be good(execution) and away from what we need to stop focusing on constantly (our dismal recent past)...sure enough he hit a nerve.
09-08-2016, 10:19 PM,
(09-08-2016, 02:58 PM)AztecSU Wrote: You guys are conflating his comment about how the betting line works vs. expectations. As a former athlete I can tell you the reason he says last years game has no effect on this years game is to send a message to his players that last years 35-7 loss doesn't mean we should again lose this year. But in response to how we are favored by a TD he comments that the teams are basically similar to last year and Cal was a 13 point favorite and ended up winning by 28...so he reasoned the line should be Cal +28....

That being said he made it clear when he said if we execute it should be a good game and hinting at exciting shoot outs like last week...no coach is going to say we should win this game, right before a game, even if they play FCS.

IMHO, the best part about your responses is that when I watched his press conference it made me think that he has been mentally breaking down our west coast neuroticism...and trying to re focus us on what it takes to be good(execution) and away from what we need to stop focusing on constantly (our dismal recent past)...sure enough he hit a nerve.

I like this post!