Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to the spread
01-18-2019, 11:02 PM,
Going to the spread
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spo...ft03a-1la1

Still prefer a pro style but what ever helps us win. Hope we retain the toughness and don’t run too boring of a one read and go offensive, but ever takes to the next level I guess
01-19-2019, 02:45 AM,
RE: Going to the spread
It's about damn time. This change, although not drastic, will enable us to recruit QBs who can pass. All we've gotten were the P5 rejects who played the pro set.
01-19-2019, 07:05 AM,
I like the move. Fix the OL and I think this will be a big improvement. Agnew should thrive if he improves his completion percentage (and this should help w/ that).
01-19-2019, 09:04 AM,
The “spread” is very confusing to women. And, boring to watch.

The reaction by women is twofold.

Obgyn.

And do you want toast and

JAM
01-19-2019, 01:59 PM,
As long as we’re not 100% zone read. Hopefully it’s an easy adjustment or it’s going to be a slow start next year.
01-19-2019, 09:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2019, 09:44 PM by aztecfan1.)
(01-19-2019, 01:59 PM)RocknFish Wrote: As long as we’re not 100% zone read.  Hopefully it’s an easy adjustment or it’s going to be a slow start next year.

I view this change as a positive first step. Why Fire the staff assuming they can't adapt to the way CFB now is? Certainly 2018 taught Rocky that one blocking two cannot work any longer. So, I for one look forward to this coming era of Aztec football. Bring it on!
The Aztecs -- now San Diego's premier home town team.
01-21-2019, 04:23 PM,
If you want to see how AZTECS offense may look in 2019 with a spread formation but very run heavy; see the 2018 Laney College vs. Ventura College CCCAA JC State Football Championship at: baosn.tv/ look under recent events.
The game features Laney College with new recruit at QB Jordon Brookshire a dual threat QB is a run heavy offense with spread formations with multiple single RB and H-back/TE formations with 2, 3 and 4 wide receiver sets. My concern would be whether AZTECs currently have the WRs to make it work. The AZTECS were very successful in 2018 with running out of 2 WR sets, but with the spread formation it looks promising as the 3 and 4 WR sets take players out of the box...walkonfan...GO AZTECS!

Read more: http://aztecmesa.proboards.com/thread/59...z5dHsMQEGV
01-24-2019, 04:49 PM,
(01-21-2019, 04:23 PM)walkonfan Wrote: If you want to see how AZTECS offense may look in 2019 with a spread formation but very run heavy; see the 2018 Laney College vs. Ventura College CCCAA JC State Football Championship at: baosn.tv/ look under recent events.
The game features Laney College with new recruit at QB Jordon Brookshire a dual threat QB is a run heavy offense with spread formations with multiple single RB and H-back/TE formations with 2, 3 and 4 wide receiver sets. My concern would be whether AZTECs currently have the WRs to make it work. The AZTECS were very successful in 2018 with running out of 2 WR sets, but with the spread formation it looks promising as the 3 and 4 WR sets take players out of the box...walkonfan...GO AZTECS!

Read more: http://aztecmesa.proboards.com/thread/59...z5dHsMQEGV

I have high hopes for Wilson, Justice, Busbee, and freshman stud Kobe Smith. Hunky's first true class of WR's should be starting next year and we'll see how Horton opens up the playbook.

I'd be interested in how we transition our blocking schemes and personnel.