Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ernie Lawson
02-05-2019, 02:08 PM,
RE: Ernie Lawson
I believe his recent jobs have ended as part of larger shake ups.
02-05-2019, 11:22 PM,
I didn't like the way he left either. But welcome back to the Mesa!!!! He can coach and he can fire up kids. Smart move by Rocky and for me a coaching move with few questions if any. I like it. Time to cut the f@ bluto jabs...Aztec 4 Life!!!
#Win22
02-06-2019, 08:57 AM,
I'll take him in a heartbeat; welcome back Coach Hoke!
02-06-2019, 10:01 AM,
Bluto jabs dont work. Bluto wore a beard like way too many “dudes” do.......which is off the charts ugly, lame, dumb, lazy......ugly.

Now break out the Hoke Sandwiches.....works.

Hungry?

For a great d line?

JAM
02-07-2019, 09:10 PM,
I am too lazy to look it up, lol. Who was our last big stud nose tackle? I remember Barrett switched over and held his own being a plus guy in that spot, but he wasn't the prototypical BIG. Meredith was pretty big but he was an outside guy right? Name escapes me but Point Loma was an outside guy as well, I think. Rocky always goes small and quick so maybe it has been forever. Who was the last BIG filling up the middle?
#Win22
02-09-2019, 05:52 AM,
(02-07-2019, 09:10 PM)DarksideReturns Wrote: I am too lazy to look it up, lol.  Who was our last big stud nose tackle? I remember Barrett switched over and held his own being a plus guy in that spot, but he wasn't the prototypical BIG.  Meredith was pretty big but he was an outside guy right?  Name escapes me but Point Loma was an outside guy as well, I think.  Rocky always goes small and quick so maybe it has been forever.  Who was the last BIG filling up the middle?

Those have been few and far between. C. Heyward was the transfer from USC that was pretty darn good, but couldn't stay healthy. Is that who you were thinking of?
02-09-2019, 08:46 AM,
(02-07-2019, 09:10 PM)DarksideReturns Wrote: I am too lazy to look it up, lol.  Who was our last big stud nose tackle? I remember Barrett switched over and held his own being a plus guy in that spot, but he wasn't the prototypical BIG.  Meredith was pretty big but he was an outside guy right?  Name escapes me but Point Loma was an outside guy as well, I think.  Rocky always goes small and quick so maybe it has been forever.  Who was the last BIG filling up the middle?

Last stud DL Jerome Heyward!  Before that La Roi Glover!  Hopefully, up next Neilsen, Nassar, Tavai, Bagayoko, or Jemmott!..Go State!...walkonfan Sad
02-09-2019, 01:19 PM,
(02-09-2019, 05:52 AM)ron Wrote:

Those have been few and far between. C. Heyward was the transfer from USC that was pretty darn good, but couldn't stay healthy. Is that who you were thinking of?

Too bad we didn't have Heyward for more than 2 years.  He was double teamed a lot which allowed our LBers to have a straight shot to the QBs.  That's what 4 star DTs can do for you.  They do more than just plug the line.
02-10-2019, 06:25 AM,
Wait, we had Jerome Haywood back in the day. Plus, Christian Heyward, the USC transfer. We may be combining Aztecs here. Big Grin