Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowl Picture - Gazzete
11-30-2015, 09:32 PM,
Bowl Picture - Gazzete
http://m.gazette.com/air-forces-bowl-pic...le/1564649
12-01-2015, 08:30 AM,
RE: Bowl Picture - Gazzete
It's all good. Take it from Thompson, the MWC is going to get "some really neat matchups."
12-01-2015, 08:37 AM,
(12-01-2015, 08:30 AM)SleepingGiantsFan Wrote: It's all good. Take it from Thompson, the MWC is going to get "some really neat matchups."

SDSU vs Bowling Green in the Marmot Boca Raton Bowl....book it.
12-01-2015, 09:16 AM,
I could be wrong about this, and maybe it is just wishful thinking, but I'm thinking I read somewhere that when it comes to the various bowls and their conference contracts that they are obligated to take a team from the conference that is eligible with the minimum of six qualifying wins, but if not it becomes the bowl's option to look elsewhere. With regard to the Cactus Bowl in particular, and while I realize an NCAA Council has made an exception for this year to allow a team with 5 wins to go bowling, I can't imagine them passing on a 10 win Aztec team in favor of a 5 win K-State team.

On the other hand, I also realize that more freezing Kansans would have reason to follow K-State to Phoenix than already comfortable San Diegans would follow the Aztecs - and that speaks volumes about us.
12-01-2015, 09:47 AM,
At least with regard to the Cactus Bowl, right you are Sportnlyf. See marchingaztec's post here: http://aztecmesa.proboards.com/thread/48...owl?page=2

The conclusion I draw is that if K-State beats WVU, the Wildcats will go to the Cactus Bowl. However, if WVU wins that one and we beat AF, we're probably destined for the bowl. That would be awesome both for the big payday and for the ability to play a Pac-12 opponent.

Then again, ESPN damn near runs all the bowl games and despite the LV Bowl director saying it's 50-50 that YBU will be playing there, the ESPN guys have consistently said we're going there to play Wazzu or UDub.
12-01-2015, 03:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015, 03:08 PM by RocknFish.)
The way I read it was if ksu is bowl eligible, regardless of wins, they would be selected.  Think our only hope for the cactus is if the big12 gets one team in the playoff and two in the ny6 bowls.

This sounds like it was written with the assumption that a 5-7 team would not be bowl eligible.

To address your note about a 5-7 Big 12 team being selected...to be bowl eligible, a team must have at least 6 wins. That being said, a 5-7 Big 12 team will not and cannot play in our bowl. Rather, a Mountain West team will be selected.
12-01-2015, 06:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015, 06:32 PM by SleepingGiantsFan.)
Reading it more carefully, you could be correct, Rockn. You must be an attorney or be getting a helluva lot more sleep than I've been getting lately.

Of course, just WTF did the author mean by "that being said"? Sounds like s/he used it as a synonym for "therefore," which is not how I use that phrase. The opposite, actually.
12-02-2015, 03:15 PM,
All this talk about bowl destination will be meaningless if we don't win on Saturday.  Too many are putting the cart in front of the horse.  Personally, I'm very nervous because of our injuries and what Calhoun is planning against us. Hmmm, hiring Blane Morgan now looks like a prophetic move.
12-02-2015, 04:24 PM,
(12-02-2015, 03:15 PM)aztech Wrote: All this talk about bowl destination will be meaningless if we don't win on Saturday.  Too many are putting the cart in front of the horse.  Personally, I'm very nervous because of our injuries and what Calhoun is planning against us. Hmmm, hiring Blane Morgan now looks like a prophetic move.

Thank YOU VERY MUCH.
WE dont have Smith our dline is a mess with injury's,I could care less about the Bowl I want a championship.
12-02-2015, 04:29 PM,
(12-02-2015, 03:15 PM)aztech Wrote: All this talk about bowl destination will be meaningless if we don't win on Saturday.  Too many are putting the cart in front of the horse.  Personally, I'm very nervous because of our injuries and what Calhoun is planning against us. Hmmm, hiring Blane Morgan now looks like a prophetic move.

I'm pretty sure WE don't play in the game.  We can put the cart before the horse all we want.  That's what places like this are for.  We were talking about the formula for hosting the championship game in October.