Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aztec Marketing
09-08-2016, 07:46 AM,
Aztec Marketing
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news...ttendance/

Good news on the Attendance.

But discouraged that the Aztec Marketing thinks they know more than the Padres Marketing.
09-08-2016, 09:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2016, 09:09 AM by McQuervo.)
RE: Aztec Marketing
The Weakest Link:  said Steve Schnall, SDSU associate athletic director for marketing.

The same Monkey whom brought us the "Ambassadork" and "Pete Puma" Whatever. Fought/Fights the Aztec Warrior Foundation at every turn. Why is he still employed?
09-08-2016, 09:57 AM,
(09-08-2016, 09:08 AM)McQuervo Wrote: The Weakest Link:  said Steve Schnall, SDSU associate athletic director for marketing.

The same Monkey whom brought us the "Ambassadork" and "Pete Puma" Whatever. Fought/Fights the Aztec Warrior Foundation at every turn. Why is he still employed?
Uhhh, that would be Zuma to you, McQuervo...
Return to Glory!!!
09-08-2016, 10:51 AM,
I miss Zuma.
09-08-2016, 11:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2016, 11:17 AM by sdcoug.)
(09-08-2016, 07:46 AM)FULL_MONTY Wrote: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news...ttendance/

But discouraged that the Aztec Marketing thinks they know more than the Padres Marketing.

Has attendance for the Padres been remarkable? I've seen Padres giveaways which draw the same as every other game. Do you disagree with her assertion? Given what we can afford & get from a give-away perspective I don't disagree with Lisa. I don't think the lift received from a Aztec blanket giveaway justifies the cost, and believe people will buy tickets based more on awareness of the game, the ticket price, and how well our team is doing. If we were trying to sell $40 tickets then maybe.

She's worked in marketing & promotions at both Iowa & Kentucky, so believe she has a good level of experience in the role.

Re: the article & attendance, we're definitely off to a great start. Getting to 85-90k after the 1st 2 games were be excellent, and knowing that homecoming will do well means it's likely we'll average 35k plus, which would be an excellent year. A win Saturday could put us closer to 40k when all is said & done.
09-08-2016, 11:53 AM,
(09-08-2016, 10:51 AM)k5james Wrote: I miss Zuma.

haha. Little kids loved Zuma for what it was worth. A little more approachable than Monty.

Since Zuma was a threat to Monty's existence - I'm fine with Zuma being cast off to the animal shelter.
Return to Glory!!!
09-08-2016, 12:27 PM,
(09-08-2016, 11:53 AM)gOnionHead Wrote:

haha. Little kids loved Zuma for what it was worth. A little more approachable than Monty.

Since Zuma was a threat to Monty's existence - I'm fine with Zuma being cast off to the animal shelter.

Monty scared the s*** out of me as a kid
[Image: t3vd5.gif]
09-08-2016, 01:08 PM,

I still miss Zuma. But my aim is improving.
Football since 1961, Basketball since 1963.

The older I get, the better I was.
09-08-2016, 02:00 PM,
(09-08-2016, 11:16 AM)sdcoug Wrote:
(09-08-2016, 07:46 AM)FULL_MONTY Wrote: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news...ttendance/

Has attendance for the Padres been remarkable? I've seen Padres giveaways which draw the same as every other game. Do you disagree with her assertion? Given what we can afford & get from a give-away perspective I don't disagree with Lisa. I don't think the lift received from a Aztec blanket giveaway justifies the cost, and believe people will buy tickets based more on awareness of the game, the ticket price, and how well our team is doing. If we were trying to sell $40 tickets then maybe.

She's worked in marketing & promotions at both Iowa & Kentucky, so believe she has a good level of experience in the role.

Re: the article & attendance, we're definitely off to a great start. Getting to 85-90k after the 1st 2 games were be excellent, and knowing that homecoming will do well means it's likely we'll average 35k plus, which would be an excellent year.  A win Saturday could put us closer to 40k when all is said & done.

Umm, yes the Padres Stink and are in last place but are #15 out of #30 for attendance in MLB. I think they know what they are doing. The beach towel night is highly anticipated.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

And here is the problem, the giveaway should cost what?

A towel could be sourced for $2 per towel, if you have a giveaway to the first 20K, the cost would be $40K. 

I am pretty sure you could get a sponsor to cover most of those costs. There are a ton of Aztec Friendly companies that would could pony up 1/2 the cost if not all the cost for the sponsorship of the towel.

rubios
vans
volcom
qualcomm

but don't tell me give-away's don't work and then give away a bobble head.
09-08-2016, 02:14 PM,
Here's a thought. Why doesn't the admin replace Schnall with someone with a real marketing background? Give him/her a 5 year contract and see how much improvement is made compared to Schnall. If none, then give him his job back since he'll stick around anyway.