Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody have an up to date number on recruits (signed) or enrolled?
01-29-2018, 01:17 PM,
RE: Anybody have an up to date number on recruits (signed) or enrolled?
(01-29-2018, 12:58 PM)SleepingGiantsFan Wrote: It was very shortsighted for so many posters here and on the MWC board to say Tedford was over the hill. He may not be Nick Saban but the guy's a darned good coach and always has been. Hence, Fresno was bound to be more recruiting competition for us. And I'm not convinced Norvell at UNR can coach but as long as he's been around the West, he undoubtedly brought a lot more contacts than Little Brian Polian whose background was almost entirely the East and the Midwest. And you can bet that new stadium sure hasn't hurt CSU's recruiting.

Add the fact Tony White will now be recruiting for ASU rather than SDSU and recruiting was bound to dip a bit. So what should REALLY be concerning is Rocky's filling the recent gaps in his staff. Right now, I'm biting my nails off hoping we aren't going to settle for that inexperienced guy from some itty bitty school in Ohio I had never heard of until a few weeks ago who has been almost begging to come to SDSU.

I've not been paying close attention... who is that?
01-29-2018, 02:08 PM,
(01-29-2018, 01:17 PM)hoobs Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 12:58 PM)SleepingGiantsFan Wrote: It was very shortsighted for so many posters here and on the MWC board to say Tedford was over the hill. He may not be Nick Saban but the guy's a darned good coach and always has been. Hence, Fresno was bound to be more recruiting competition for us. And I'm not convinced Norvell at UNR can coach but as long as he's been around the West, he undoubtedly brought a lot more contacts than Little Brian Polian whose background was almost entirely the East and the Midwest. And you can bet that new stadium sure hasn't hurt CSU's recruiting.

Add the fact Tony White will now be recruiting for ASU rather than SDSU and recruiting was bound to dip a bit. So what should REALLY be concerning is Rocky's filling the recent gaps in his staff. Right now, I'm biting my nails off hoping we aren't going to settle for that inexperienced guy from some itty bitty school in Ohio I had never heard of until a few weeks ago who has been almost begging to come to SDSU.

Perhaps he said it as a metaphor?
01-30-2018, 12:29 PM,
(01-29-2018, 02:08 PM)aztech Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 01:17 PM)hoobs Wrote:

Perhaps he said it as a metaphor?

Ha! Yeah... that would make sense. :-)
02-04-2018, 10:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2018, 06:00 PM by ron.)

Boards are notorious for proclaiming how bad coaches and players are. Harbaugh couldn't coach (regardless of the off the field issues) and Tedford was past his prime. Some swore that Hoke wouldn't be able to step up from Ball St.,  especially on the west coast. Oh, and Rocky was a good DC, but not a good HC. Munson was obviously not going to be any good, because no one else recruited him. Same with multiple other recruits. 
Rocky has a great eye for diamonds in the rough, both in coaching and player evaluations. I will trust his judgment.
02-07-2018, 04:27 PM,
I'll take a 2 star guy Rocky likes over a 4 star guy he doesn't like, but is hyped by a recruiting website every time..
02-08-2018, 10:33 AM,
I like who Rocky likes. His recruiting staff know what they're doing.

I don't need some outside source or pundits to tell me what Rocky wants or needs on his team.

Oldie Out
[Image: 1iddA1y.jpg]