Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another new true Freshmen QB coming in?
03-20-2015, 11:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2015, 04:00 AM by aztecfan1.)
Another new true Freshmen QB coming in?
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/mar/...ason-hall/

I'm a little amazed by this story by Tod Leonard Friday evening. Agnew from Texas, now this kid from Tennessee.
The Aztecs -- now San Diego's premier home town team.
03-21-2015, 07:36 AM,
RE: Another new true Freshmen QB coming in?
Well, the more the merrier I guess. Let's see what he can do.
03-21-2015, 08:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2015, 08:51 AM by FULL_MONTY.)
Wow, it means they have no faith in the stable of QB's they have now, if this kid is taking a scholie.
03-21-2015, 09:01 AM,
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2801225/high...7911382/v2
03-21-2015, 10:58 AM,
Is this a sign of a different tact with our QB system -- an effort not to be caught without quality back-ups and a future?

Assumption:
Maxwell Smith is the QB this year with back-ups JR (2 years eligibility) & Chapman (4 years remain)
Bawden red-shirts (3 years eligibility) and QBs the scout team, Agnew and Hall come in and red-shirt (4 years remain each)

If indeed one or two of the current QBs other than Wood (JC transfer) & Anderson (walk-on) do transfer ... then we'd still have enough depth for the future.

If no one transfers (other than Wood & Anderson) ... then we know who will compete for starter next year:
JR would have 1 year of eligibility remaining
Chapman & Bawden would each have 3 years remaining
Agnew & Hall would both have 4 years remaining

I imagine we'll get another P5 transfer, a JC transfer, and another freshman QB recruit (or 2) next year and this is the QB system going forward -->> spring competition, summer transfers for those that don't make the cut, recruits & transfers added in the fall and the spring competition starts the cycle again.
03-21-2015, 11:30 AM,
I find it interesting that now that Sipe is gone, we start bringing in a whole slew of QBs. Maybe Blane Morgan and Rocky didn't like what they saw in the stable for coming years. All in all, Bawden appears to be odd-man out, IMO.
Return to Glory!!!
03-21-2015, 01:35 PM,
Hall is a walk-on.
03-21-2015, 02:11 PM,
The film of this kid shows one thing he can complete a pass while having to run for his life. Given what I just saw in the scrimmage today he might be the perfect quarterback for our offense. Either the fearsome foursome as returned in the form of Aztec defense or our offensive line is terrible. I'm afraid that it is the latter, a lot of work to do in summer and fall
03-23-2015, 01:19 PM,
(03-21-2015, 02:11 PM)stephen1946 Wrote: The film of this kid shows one thing he can complete a pass while having to run for his life. Given what I just saw in the scrimmage today he might be the perfect quarterback for our offense. Either the fearsome foursome as returned in the form of Aztec defense or our offensive line is terrible. I'm afraid that it is the latter, a lot of work to do in summer and fall

Here we go again with the speculations.  He might be the " perfect quarterback " ?  What, based on his High School highlights ?  You sound like all those other yahoo's when we learned JR was transferring in and was declared our saving grace at the QB position. Bringing in this kid as an invited walk-on tells me the coaches are not to sure about what they got for the future. So let's just bring them in our revolving door of QB's and if he doesn't work out we'll just send him on his way. That seems to be Rocky's mind set , never mind if we mess with the kids life.
03-23-2015, 02:02 PM,
(03-23-2015, 01:19 PM)aztough Wrote:
(03-21-2015, 02:11 PM)stephen1946 Wrote: The film of this kid shows one thing he can complete a pass while having to run for his life. Given what I just saw in the scrimmage today he might be the perfect quarterback for our offense. Either the fearsome foursome as returned in the form of Aztec defense or our offensive line is terrible. I'm afraid that it is the latter, a lot of work to do in summer and fall

Here we go again with the speculations.  He might be the " perfect quarterback " ?  What, based on his High School highlights ?  You sound like all those other yahoo's when we learned JR was transferring in and was declared our saving grace at the QB position. Bringing in this kid as an invited walk-on tells me the coaches are not to sure about what they got for the future. So let's just bring them in our revolving door of QB's and if he doesn't work out we'll just send him on his way. That seems to be Rocky's mind set , never mind if we mess with the kids life.

Messing with the kids life? I suppose if he had other/better offers he would take them no? Not sure how giving someone a shot is messing with their life...