Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Football - 2 Deep
12-31-2018, 09:41 AM,
2019 Football - 2 Deep
Anyone want to take a swing at the depth charts for next year?

I see Agnew as the starting QB, Juwan as RB, FB?, TEs Houston and McTear and Bellinger, LT Capra from Oregon Ducks, LG Gerhard, C Guidino, RG Ismael, RT Thomas.

what do you all think?

Defense????

Happy New Year, OnionHead
Return to Glory!!!
12-31-2018, 11:12 AM,
RE: 2019 Football - 2 Deep
Lessard was a junior and should be the starting FB. Isn't Dixon's suspension only for the bowl?
12-31-2018, 12:23 PM,
Agreed, Lessard at FB.
There are a ton of young WRs. I think Kobe Smith, Tim Wilson, and JR Justice make the most noise there.
Maybe Busbee (tiny) and Byrd (fast) at Slot Back.
Return to Glory!!!
12-31-2018, 02:19 PM,
On Defense,
Backfield: both Thompsons, Hall, Barcoo, Woods and Smith return. Will Tariq move to Aztec? Will one of the CBs move to Safety?
Line: Banks, Chetum and Mitchell got a lot of playing time. Banks should be the anchor next year.
LB: Tezino and Cassidy started. McDonald and Aleki also had substantial time at LB. S. Lakalaka and Himphill played mostly on ST. How will the RS-FR like Bornes, Alves contribute?
Will true FR like Shawcroft, Nielsen and Sims contribute? Penny?
12-31-2018, 03:39 PM,
(12-31-2018, 09:41 AM)OnionHead Wrote: Anyone want to take a swing at the depth charts for next year?

I see Agnew as the starting QB, Juwan as RB, FB?, TEs Houston and McTear and Bellinger, LT Capra from Oregon Ducks, LG Gerhard, C Guidino, RG Ismael, RT Thomas.

what do you all think?

Defense????

Happy New Year, OnionHead

The Oline is key to whatever we do, whether we pass or run.  I noticed that Washington was hesitant during the latter part of the season because they just couldn't open holes.  It took away his explosiveness at the LOS.  Agnew has to have a minimum of 25 pass attempts per game for Washington to flourish.
01-01-2019, 10:34 AM,
(12-31-2018, 02:19 PM)Azteken Wrote: On Defense,
Backfield: both Thompsons, Hall, Barcoo, Woods and Smith return. Will Tariq move to Aztec? Will one of the CBs move to Safety?
Line: Banks, Chetum and Mitchell got a lot of playing time. Banks should be the anchor next year.
LB: Tezino and Cassidy started. McDonald and Aleki also had substantial time at LB. S. Lakalaka and Himphill played mostly on ST. How will the RS-FR like Bornes, Alves contribute?

I don't recall McDonald getting a lot of PT. He's only credited with 2 tackles for the year. I hope he's ready to step up next year.
01-01-2019, 11:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 11:27 AM by JPsdsu92grad.)

I saw somewhere that Dwayne Johnson (6'2'' 215 next year Rs JR) was to take over the Aztec position? anybody else have any info?
01-01-2019, 03:10 PM,
(01-01-2019, 11:25 AM)JPsdsu92grad Wrote:

I saw somewhere that Dwayne Johnson (6'2'' 215 next year Rs JR) was to take over the Aztec position? anybody else have any info?

The Rock Jr.
Return to Glory!!!
01-01-2019, 08:47 PM,
I hope Dixon can work things out whatever they are. I'm not too excited about the idea of Gerhard as a starter. Will Thomas be
able to return from his injuries? Spalding is just another guy from what I saw. A possible newcomer to the starting OL may be
center, Uluave. If so, then a possible starting 5 might be LT-Capra, LG-Dixon(?), C-Uluave, RG- Guidino, RT-Ismael. If Thomas is
100% then he's the RT and Ismael is RG. Backups???

DL? I think Banks is a year away from making an impact. Connor Mitchell will be a starter. Cheatum at NT is adequate.
Where do the sacks/tfls come from? Depth is a bit scary right now. There's nobody proven behind Cheatum.
To me we win or lose on the strength of our lines. Right now I'm a bit uncomfortable with what we have.
01-01-2019, 08:47 PM,
Tezino posted on Twiter today that he is coming back for his senior season.